Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wednesday Round Up

Rather than bore you all with random pics of mail art - what's been coming and going through the Tofino post office - perhaps I'll start a once-a-week round up. I had a pretty productive weekend, but other than a pic on Instagram (toughcitywriter), I didn't record them. Here are a few that I did, however:

Above and below, very distinctive mail art from Stan Askew. Loving the use of stamps and stamps (rubber and postage).

Above and below. This is outgoing to Spain. It was in response to a mail art contact who wanted to exchange art related to zodiacs. He's a Sagittarius and I'm Capricorn (but just barely, on the cusp of Sagittarius), so I had a bit of fun with this and cut a few new rubber stamps as well. It was great to have a good excuse to use the Canada Post Signs of the Zodiac stamp series.


This just in from Pamela in San Francisco. Always happy to receive her creative mail and great letters. I must say that although I do enjoy receiving mail and art from other mail artists, it is nice to actually make some connections with people who are like-minded. So thank you for the letters, Pamela!
Above and below from Cascadia Artpost, maker of stunning artistamps. All of those flowers are his designs. And this included a packet of flower seeds, too. Very nice and timely for spring and gardening. 

And I made this for a mail art call at the Lackman Library in Kansas. It was fun to finally use one of the endpapers - complete with circulation slot - from one of the discarded library books I have lying around. This one is from the school just down the road.

And it's always nice to see that my art makes it through. Here are a few posts on received mail: Heebee JeebeelandFrips Mail ArtGlenrosa Journeys and Goop Mail Art.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that last piece for our library display! It's one of my favorite submissions!
Jeanne

Adrienne Mason said...

I'm so glad it arrived, Jeanne. I enjoy doing these challenges. It gives me a reason to "wander" through my stash of paper and other glue-able things to see what I can create. Cheers!

Jen said...

Just loving your creations.... I only just found your blog today. So glad I did!

Adrienne Mason said...

Thanks for visiting, Jen!

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Oh -- my circus envelope! Fun.

Adrienne * Tough City Writer said...

Yes, of course, Pamela. I love that envelope!