Thursday, April 10, 2008

On the Road with Scaredy Squirrel, Stanley, and friends...

I'll be in great company at the Vancouver Island Children's Book Festival on May 31st in Nanaimo. Lookee here at the great slate of events and presenters. It will be lovely to meet and spend some time with a few fellow Kids Can authors and illustrators -- Melanie Watt, Bill Slavin, Wallace Edwards, and Linda Bailey. (My bookshelves will be lighter that weekend as I lug a box of books by these creators across the island so I can get them signed. Actually, I own books by all of the presenters, so it will be nice to meet the creators behind these wonderful books.) Others on the slate are Sarah Ellis, Andrea Spalding, Arthur Slade, and Simon Rose. A pretty stellar line-up if I do say so myself. Before Saturday's festival I'll be doing school visits in the mid-island (Ladysmith to Qualicum) area. Hope to see you there, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I've met Melanie, Bill and Wallace, and they are all wonderful, friendly people. Hope you have a fabulous time!