Thursday, March 01, 2007


Thanks to the students of Ucluelet Elementary, Ucluelet Secondary and Braefoot Elementary schools. I was hosted by these schools in the last month and really enjoyed meeting with young people to talk about books and writing.

The latest issue of KNOW is out. This was a fun, dirty issue -- in a literal, not naughty way! It's all about how dirt (more scientifically, soil) is part of our lives and the lives of plants and other animals.

I won't have much time to blog in the next while as I'll be reading through a stack of books. I'm on the jury for the chapter books and novels of BC's Chocolate Lily Awards. I'm looking forward to it, but I have a lot of reading ahead -- BC authors are very prolific and I have over 40 books to read! (To qualify, the books need to have been written (or illustrated for picture books) by BC residents.) Once the short-list has been announced, I'll post comments on some of my favourites.

No comments: