Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kwisitis Interpretive Centre

Over the past few years I've had the pleasure of doing some writing, research and editing work for the newly redesigned interpretive centre for Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. The Wickaninnish Interpretive Centre is being re-named and has re-opened as the Kwisitis Interpretive Centre. The overall design of the centre was done by Donald Gunn, along with park staff of course, and the panels were designed "in house" at Parks Canada by Shouresh Jalili and Guy Parsons. Here are a few of the panels I worked on. This was a great project to work on and the first one that was trilingual — English, French, and Nuu-chah-nulth.

I will post some more photos of the exhibits after the grand opening, which will happen in a few weeks. For now, here is a brief blurb about re-design.






2 comments:

Mar said...

Hola! I was able to attend the renaming ceremony last Saturday, and I was very suprised not to see more First Nations at the beach and during the ceremony. Tyson Touchie had mentioned to my sisters and me about the event, so we stayed to share such an important moment; yet, we expected to see more canoes, from other bands, more First nations celebrating the occasion.
We found that sad.

Adrienne Mason said...

I'm not sure how well publicized it was, Mar, and how many people were invited.